Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 29

I’m hunting wabbits

So, I went to see Rush this past weekend with my brother. A good concert (not as good as the last time I saw them, but good all the same) and I told my brother that as payment, I would mow his lawn 4 times. Today was the second of 4 mows. Everything was normal. As usual, I edged and weed-whacked first. Then I started up the mower.

Now before I go on, the last few times I went to my brother’s house, I’ve seen rabbits bouncing around. My brother lives in a new development area and as they expand, the rabbits scramble (that’s to be expected). What I didn’t expect was what happened when I came around on my first round. A rabbit hole with about 6 baby rabbits inside squirming around right under where the mower was sitting. I immediately got my brother’s wife and showed her the critters. They were all squirming around and looked like big worms.

So, then I called my brother. He told me to finish mowing and he’d take care of it. So, gingerly, I continued to mow, making sure there was nothing under the blades as I went through the back yard. Then as I got to the other side of the house, I turned a corner and 3 other baby rabbits (a bit older this time) jumped out of yet another hole and started bouncing all over the place. I told my brother’s wife about the new holes and finished. They’re going to have to call a trapper to get them cleared out, so that’s no fun. It made for an interesting morning though.

No comments: