Yesterday afternoon, I put a semi-frozen, cubed six pound butt roast of a pig in my crockpot along with onions, barbeque sauce and honey. When I was done cubing the meat, I had a bit stuck to the bone and since my hands were frozen, I decided to just toss the part that was stuck to the bone. It was about 6 oz of meat and bone - no big deal.
This morning, due to my extreme exhaustion from staying up watching movies, I neglected to take out the garbage. For those of you who read my wife's blog (you tend to do that much more than mine), you know that I have two dogs - Sirius and Minerva. Well, Minerva (Mini as we call her) decided that she'd had enough smelling the raw meat while Alex went to her friend's house today and decided to knock over the trash can. It was doggie heaven. Fortunately, I got home to clean up the mess before Alex did.
I am afraid that since the meat was pig meat, it's not the best stuff for anyone (or anything) to eat raw. Of course, both of my dogs have diarrhea at this time and there is a bit of a stink in my house that will have to be remedied with our bissel steam vac. I'm so excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment