Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17

And when we were bored...

I don't know why I haven't gotten on the blogger for a few days, but I was highly motivated by a burning desire not to watch American Idol. Few of you are aware of the pink tassel that I labored 4 years to achieve in music. Well, that gives me the right to freak out when people think that Taylor Hicks is a good singer. He may be charsimatic, but not good.

But, I digress...

The reason that I'm on the blogger tonight is because I have intended on blogging about my boredom over the past weekend. I received a phone call on Friday afternoon that I was not to come in to work on Saturday due to the icy buildup that would be forming on the roads. When the Hartford closes the office for a non-scheduled closing, we get paid for it. So, I was glad to hear about that.

My wife and I were adequately prepared for the weekend, so we decided to only leave if absolutely necessary. Saturday rolled around and we were extremely bored. Apparently, the roads weren't too terribly bad, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought way too much junk food for a weekend (we still have some right now). Then we spent the night burning firewood and watching movies.

Sunday rolled around and absolutely nothing to do. So we watched movies again and burned more firewood. In the middle of this, Alex thought she would make up a game. This was a game that she made up. She thought that it would be a great idea if first she could make a funny face, and then I could try to duplicate it. Then I would make a funny face and then she could try to duplicate it. Then whoever couldn't duplicate the face would lose. The only problem is that how do we know if we can't duplicate it.

Well, that was an exciting day wasn't it. I feel like Ben Stein sounds.

2 comments:

Clark said...

Shannon and I have two favorite games that we play. The first is charades, where you just get to pick anything, and then act it out. For an extra bit of fun, it becomes an appropriate sabbath day activity by picking religous things. (Go ahead and try to act out Jonah and the Whale!)

Our second game we like is officially named "as many questions as it takes until you figure what it is". Where in you think of something and the other person gets as many yes or no questions as it takes until they figure out what it is. (You never would have guessed if I hadn't explained that, right?) To date, Shannon wins with the most impossible item thought of with "bushel".

Finally, I like Taylor Hicks. No, he wasn't the best singer last year, or even the second, or third. But American Idol is a contest where people get on stage and sing in order to entertain people. And if I made a list of people that I would want to SEE singing and twitching on stage, Taylor is definately the winner. (In fact, I have seen Taylor singing and twitching on stage.)

tysqui said...

I've got to be honest, I like Taylor Hicks as well. Aside from sports, American Idol is the only show that I watch. I can't believe that I just admitted that...