I haven't posted in a while, but there was one that I've been meaning to for about a week now. I've been running with Sirius my dog for the last few weeks. It's been good for me and for him since we're both overweight. The unintended consequence that came out of this is a bit of agression that Sirius has started showing... towards mice.
Alex and I have had a bit of a mouse problem that we've been trying to remedy over the last month or so. We've been plugging all of the holes and cracks in our subfloor with foam and steel wool. We've also been setting traps for the ones that may already be in the home to get rid of them. So far, we have had 7 fatalities (I know a lot!).
Last week I was up really late since it was the Thanksgiving holiday and I head a snap come from under the sink. Sirius heard it too. He was over by the sink before I was and as I opened it, he started lunging to get in there. I blocked him with my arm as I looked in there. There was the mouse, but it was only caught by the tail (those with weak stomachs for mice stop reading here).
As I tried to pull the thing out by the lever on the trap the mouse was scurrying, trying to get away and suddenly Sirius lunged at it. I couldn't stop him this time. He grabbed it, chewed on it and spit it out. It was very dead at that point. All the while I was yelling at him not to eat it. I was relieved that he didn't. Anyways, he's got the bloodlust in him now and is on the prowl every time he hears something coming from the kitchen like our filter system regenerating or something like that. Pretty awesome if you ask me.
2 comments:
I love our little Rat Terrorist!
That's sick. But necessary.
Post a Comment