Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31

Don't get too excited

Cloark Blockburger accurately points out in his blog that I update monthly - which is true. I only have a few things to talk about today. The LDS General Conference just completed it's 2nd of 4 general sessions and it was interesting. Nostalgia was the feeling that everyone got and got me thinking about the good ol' days. Well, are there ever the "good ol' days" or is it just the propensity of the human brain to remember the past in a good light. A lot of bad crap happened in the past and it seems that there wasn't as much bad crap going on, but I don't know. Is it really worse now than it was back then, or is it just our minds that forget bad things that tricks us into thinking that?

Note: This blog was altered from it's original version. Call it a "Lucasization."

4 comments:

Alex said...

I appologize for my husband, he seems to have regressed to being a first-grader. This is why I don't like to take him out in public very often...

Alex said...

PS> I think you should make another section on your blog for "Not Friends Blogs" and put him under there... ;)

Alex said...

PPS> By the way, this is all meant for Clark, obviously.

Clark said...

Certainly difficulties for the populace in general have changed over time. Few people die of cholera in the US anymore, and we all are pretty weathly. But we face higher crime rates, global conflict, and the moral degradation of society. Are we better off now than before? That's a debate that won't possibly fit in the comment box.

-Clark David Wilson Blockburger