
Some of you may be wondering what pokeybassist means, is, was... Well, if you weren't that interested, then I'm going to tell you anyway. The fact of the matter is that it's not very creative. Anyone remember that little green toothbrush handle with arms, eyes and legs? Yeah, you know, Gumby. Well, Gumby had a little sidekick, Pokey. Yup, that's the one. His silly little horse that moved in that amazing claymation sort of way. When I was little, my older brother, Nate, had a little Gumby figurine and I had a little Pokey figurine. My brother plays the drums and I play (yeah, you guessed it) the bass.
My brother wore that little Gumberine throughout junior high school around his neck, and I, for a bit, wore the Pokey figurine around my neck. So sometimes we'd call each other Gumby and Pokey (not very much). Later on, when the internet became popular (see Clark's comments on the internet in his first blog), my brother set up his first address as gumbydrummer. I had another address for a while, but eventually, I set mine up as pokeybassist on hotmail. Now, for those of you who have been hotmail users for a long time know that originally it was it's own company before MSN bought it. I had a hotmail account at that period of time, before it was completely defiled by Microsoft. Anyway, I digress, that's where pokeybassist comes from. I don't know where my figurine is anymore, but I believe that my brother still has his Gumby somewhere...
1 comment:
have you told Nate about this blog yet? I think he'd appreciate this particular one...
Post a Comment